Hoda Kotb took a major step forward in her career as she was officially named Matt Lauer’s replacement on the Today show. Hoda Kotb’s Today show run has been great for her wallet, but now that she is a co-host, she may see that wallet get a little fuller. We will examine the possibilities of Hoda Kotb’s net worth for 2018 and see what the future might hold for her.
Hoda Kotb in Brief
While Kotb’s segments on the Today show are fairly light-hearted, underneath that cheerfulness and smile is the heart of a serious journalist, who has steadily made her way up the ladder with hard work and determination. The list of accomplishments in her field is pretty vast.
- In 1986, Kotb worked as a news assistant in Cairo, Egypt for CBS News.
- 1986–1989 was a growing period where she worked as a morning anchor and general assignment reporter for WQAD-TV in Moline, Illinois, followed by a stint as an anchor at WXVT-TV, CBS Greenville, and Greenwood, Mississippi.
- In 1989, she took over the weekend anchor and reporter position WINK-TV in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Kotb served as an anchor and reporter WWL-TV in New Orleans, Louisiana from 1992 to 1998.
- In 1998, she began her career with NBC, starting as an NBC News national correspondent, as well as working on programs like Dateline NBC, Your Total Health, and then the Today show in 2007, hosting the fourth hour alongside Kathie Lee Gifford.
The move to NBC worked out well for Kotb, especially when she landed a spot on Today.
Hoda Kotb’s Financials (estimated)
|Early Salary at Today||$1.1 million a year (2014)|
|Current Today Salary||$3.0 million a year (2017)|
|Current Net Worth||$12.0- $15.0 million (2017)|
Hoda Kotb’s Possible New Salary
At the time of his firing, Matt Lauer was reportedly making quite a hefty amount of money courtesy of Today. Reports point to him making approximately $20.0 million a year as one of the show’s lead hosts. He was a proven ratings driver for Today, which also proved his worth.
While Hoda Kotb’s salary probably won’t swoon to that size anytime soon, ratings have increased without Lauer and with her in the co-host position. Kotb’s current co-host, Savannah Guthrie is said to have signed a new contract with NBC in 2016 that was to bring it in line more Lauer’s contract. If this is correct, it wouldn’t be surprising if Kotb makes somewhere in the $10.0 to $20.0 million mark within the next 10 years.
Today Show Salaries
|Al Roker||$8.0 million (2015)|
|Hoda Kotb||$3.0 million (2017)|
|Matt Lauer||$20.0 million (2017)|