Like many great rappers before him, Kendrick Lamar grew up in Compton, California. After becoming successful, he moved into a big house in his hometown. Often labeled as the poster boy of the West Coast rap scene, Lamar takes elements from different hip-hop, jazz, soul, R&B, and funk to come up with his own unique sound. With a net worth estimated as high as $33.0 million, a soul full of innovative music, and a burning ambition to succeed, Kendrick Lamar is a man to watch out for!
After coming straight out of Compton, rapper Kendrick Lamar made quite a name for himself. His musical journey started as a talented teenager with the stage name K-Dot when he released his first mixtape, catching local attention. He signed to independent record label, Top Dawg Entertainment and began his evolution as an artist. Today, Lamar is one of the biggest rappers in the world. People love that his sound liberally draws from free jazz, punk, soul, R&B, hip-hop, and spoken word, and fans respect his socially relevant lyrics. Keep reading for more about Kendrick Lamar’s net worth in 2018.
How Much Is Kendrick Lamar Worth?
Kendrick Lamar’s net worth in 2018 is estimated to be cool $33.0 million and growing. However, other sources list his wealth at $18.0, and even $20.0 million. Since making his major label debut in 2010, his wealth has increased thanks to his album and single sales, concerts, tours, endorsements, and online music sales.
Kendrick Lamar’s Net Worth
- Kendrick Lamar’s albums like Section.80, Good Kid, M.A.A.D City, To Pimp a Butterfly, and Damn achieved the tough distinction of being both commercially and critically acclaimed, making him one of the best-selling rappers of the last decade.
- Some of Kendrick Lamar’s hit songs include: “HiiiPoWeR,” “ADHD,” “Cartoon and Cereal,” “The Recipe,” “War is My Love,” “Swimming Pools (Drank),” “Backseat Freestyle,” “Money Trees,” “Pay for It,” “These Walls,” “Humble,” and “The Heart Part 4.”
- He grew up on welfare and Section 8 housing, and bought a house in Eastvale, California for a little over $500,000
- The rapper seems to be wise with his spending, despite being able to afford many luxuries. Kendrick Lamar’s cars include a vintage Cadillac. In 2017, he bought his sister a Toyota Camry as a graduation gift.
- Lamar earns millions of dollars through endorsement from some prestigious brands like Airbnb, American Express, Calvin Klein, Beats by Dre, and Nike.
Kendrick Lamar’s Net Worth Compared to other Rappers
|Kanye West||$160.0 million|
|Lil Wayne||$150.0 million|
|Wiz Khalifa||$45.0 million|
|Kanye West||$14.0 million|
|Chance the Rapper||$9.0 million|
|Kendrick Lamar||$18.0-$33.0 million|
Despite his success, Lamar remains a humble man at heart, and acknowledges his influences like Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, DMX, Easy-E, Dr. Dre, and Miles Davis. Talking about his sound Lamar said, “You really can’t categorize my music, it’s human music.” With tons of talent, a head full of incisive lyrics, and an eye on the turnstiles, Kendrick Lamar is all set to ring the cash counters for years to come.