Chance the Rapper does not believe in making fans spend money to buy his music. Instead, he lets them stream it for free. The artist never released a physical record, but Chance the Rapper‘s net worth 2018 is a healthy $9.0 million and growing. Thanks to his tours, concerts, endorsements, and sponsorship deals Chance makes enough dough to own several lavish homes and a collection of the best cars around. He also generously donates to charity and does philanthropic work.
Considering how successful Chance the Rapper is today, it comes as a complete shock that he never sold a single physical album in his career. This is because he streams his music for fans, and never signed a record deal with a music label. He turned down offers from numerous labels and depended on word-of-mouth, his SoundCloud account, and streaming services to distribute his music. Chance the Rapper could very well be the most successful fully-independent musician of our era, and he is just 24 years old.
- Some of Chance the Rapper’s songs that earned him a big fan following include “Windows,” “Paranoia,” “Family Matters,” “Somewhere in Paradise,” “Angels,” and “No Problem.”
- He does not release any physical albums, so it is not possible to calculate his album sales. However, Billboard came up with a way to quantify his latest album, Coloring Book‘s downloads as regular album sales. Using their conversion standard, Chance sold over 500,000 copies of his latest album.
Chance the Rapper’s Income from Albums
A Fistful of Dollars
- Chance the Rapper only released three mixtapes so far: 10 Day, Acid Rap and Coloring Book. He also released an album, Surf with his band The Social Experiment in May 2015. Both 10 Days and Acid Rap were released free of charge, so he did not profit from downloads.
- In 2015, Chance worked with other artists and pocketed an amount between $250,000 and $400,000 for his music. He mostly makes money from his live tours, endorsements, merchandise, and sponsorships. That is why it is no wonder that Chance the Rapper’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at $9.0 million and still growing.
- Some of the brands and products Chance endorsed are H&M, Kenzo, Kit Kat, New Era, and Nike. He also created songs and jingles for some of these brands, for which he received handsome compensation.
Chance the Rapper’s Net Worth Over the Years
|Year||Chance the Rapper’s Net Worth|
Chance the Rapper’s Net Worth Compared to Other Artists
|Name of Artist||Net Worth 2017|
|Sean Combs||$820.0 million|
|Kanye West||$160.0 million|
|Lil Wayne||$150.0 million|
|Wiz Khalifa||$45.0 million|
|Chance the Rapper||$9.0 million|
- Given that his net worth is $9.0 million and growing, Chance made several investments in real estate. He owns several houses, including one in North of London, England. He also splurged on expensive cars and owns a Toyota V6, Lamborghini, Audi R8, and Rolls Royce, among others.
Giving Back to Society
- Even though Chance is just 24 years old, he already has a keen sense of social responsibility. Over the past few years, he donated his own hard-earned money to several social causes and philanthropy, including a donation of $1.0 million to Chicago Public Schools. Some of the charitie that Chance supported are:
- Get Schooled Foundation
- Keep a Child Alive
- The Empowerment Plan
- The Robin Hood Foundation
- He also worked to help fight against social ills like AIDS & HIV, education, gun violence, homelessness, and police brutality.
With his innovative music, dedication to fans, and passion toward philanthropy, Chance the Rapper carved out a special place for himself in the world of music. From here, the only way for him to go seems to be up!