If you don’t know who Mark Cuban is, sit tight and we will give you all the details on the successful business man. He is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Magnolia Pictures, and Landmark Theaters. So, how rich is Mark Cuban? Well, it should come as no surprise that Mark Cuban’s net worth is a whopping $3.2 billion! Still want to know more about the billionair himself? You have come to the right place, because we have all the details about Mark Cuban’s net worth, his early life and Mark Cuban’s money!
Mark Cuban was born on July 31, 1958, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Norton Cuban and Shirley Cuban. His father was an automobile upholsterer and his mother (according to Mark) had different goals every other week. He has a Jewish background and spent his childhood in the rich suburb of Mount Lebanon. He first entered the world of business when he was just 12 years old. In order to pay for his expensive basketball shoes, he went door to door to sell garbage bags.
Even though Mark had a rich upbringing, it is said that he was dependent on ketchup and mustard sandwiches. He went to the University of Pittsburgh and joined the Pi Lambda Phi international fraternity. While pursuing his education, he worked in various companies on different roles such as a disco dancing instructor, bartender, and party promoter. In the year 1981, he completed his graduation from Kelley School of Business with a BSc in Business Administration.
Mark Cuban Quotes
- “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.”
- “When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001?”
- “We can’t ever forget that the Internet now is just a staid utility. The exciting platforms are software applications that are very, very simple.”
- “Go out there and get rich. Get so obnoxiously rich that when that tax bill comes, your first thought will be to choke on how big a check you have to write.”
- “In these times of the ‘Great Recession’, we shouldn’t be trying to shift the benefits of wealth behind some curtain. We should be celebrating and encouraging people to make as much money as they can. Profits equal tax money. While some people might find it distasteful to pay taxes, I don’t. I find it patriotic.”
- “Culture is very important to the Mavs. Your best player has to be a fit for what you want the culture of the team to be. He has to be someone who leads by example. Someone who sets the tone in the locker room and on the court. It isn’t about who talks the most or the loudest. It is about the demeanor and attitude he brings.”
- “Wherever I see people doing something the way it’s always been done, the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be done, following the same old trends, well, that’s just a big red flag to me to go look somewhere else.”
- “I don’t think there’s any question that the UFL or any other league that wants to challenge the NFL can have an impact. The demand for professional football is off the charts.”
Mark Cuban is a famous American businessman and an entrepreneur. He is the owner of several companies such as Landmark Theaters, NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, and American film distributor, Magnolia Pictures. Additionally, he is also the chairman of the HDTV Cable Network AXS TV. He is also an investor on the television series, Shark Tank. Apart from being an entrepreneur, he also wrote an e-book called, “How to Win at the Sport of Business.” In the year 2011, Mark was listed No. 211 on Forbes’ list of World’s Richest People. Mark Cuban’s net worth in 2011 was $2.6 billion. Initially, he even endorsed Hillary Clinton for the role of President at a July 30, 2016 rally held in Pennsylvania.
A photo posted by Mark Cuban (@mcuban) on
In the year 2002, Mark Cuban got married to Tiffany Stewart in Barbados and the couple have three children. Their first daughter, Alexis Sofia was born in 2003, their second daughter, Alyssa was born in 2006, and their son, Jake was born in 2010. Currently, the family resides in Dallas, Texas.
House and Assets
This 58-year-old definitely knows how to live a lavish lifestyle. Mark bought a huge mansion in Dallas, Texas, which is worth $14 million. The house is located in Preston Hollow and is built on 24,000-ft. The house has an eight car garage, a tennis court, a cabana, a pool, and a spa. There are ten bedrooms and thirteen bathrooms and it is one of the costliest houses in Texas!
Mark Cuban also has a private yacht, which was manufactured by Dutch Luxury Yacht company, Feadship. The yacht is named, “Fountainhead” and is completely customized with the most luxurious features. Additionally, he also has two private jets. A Boeing 767 and Gulfstream v. Well, what else do you buy with all that money?