We all know by now that the cast on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of New Jersey get salaries equal to the drama they create. Teresa Giudice makes a pretty penny from her books and her appearances on RHONJ. Teresa Giudice’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at $11.0 million, according to sources. But, will it dwindle away due to her legal troubles?
The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice has seen her fair share of problems, both on and off the show. The bestselling cookbook author and her husband are infamous for their legal and financial ups and downs.
And now, Joe and Teresa Giudice divorce rumors are circulating, but they strongly denied them. Nevertheless, people wonder if a purported divorce and prison sentence could put a dent in her $11.0 million fortune. So, keep reading to get the full scoop.
Rolling in the Money
- Born Teresa Gorga to Italian immigrant parents in New Jersey, the reality star studied fashion marketing at Berkeley College and used to work as an associate buyer for Macy’s.
- Teresa Giudice is the only remaining original cast member of The Real Housewives of New Jersey since the show began in 2009.
- She has published several New York Times Bestseller cookbooks like Skinny Italian (2010), Fabulicious! (2011), and Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit (2012); they contain recipes passed down from her mother.
- The author co-wrote a memoir, Turning the Tables: From Housewife to Inmate and Back Again, about her time in prison; she released her sixth book, Standing Strong, in October 2017.
- Giudice released a line of Bellini cocktails called Fabellini and has a haircare line named after her daughter, Milania.
- She placed fifth in season 5 of Celebrity Apprentice and raised $70,000 for her charity, The NephCure Foundation.
- Together with her brother, Joe Gorga and his wife, Melissa Gorga (who also appears on RHONJ), Giudice opened a restaurant named Gorga’s Homemade Pasta & Pizza in East Hanover, New Jersey; the restaurant closed this month to relocate.
Here’s how Teresa Giudice’s net worth compares to her castmates:
|Teresa Giudice||$11.0 million|
|Jacqueline Laurita||$500,000 (22 times bigger)|
|Caroline Manzo||$12.0 million (1.09 times smaller)|
|Dina Manzo||$4.5 million (2.4 times bigger)|
|Melissa Gorga||$1.5 million (7.3 times bigger)|
|Teresa Aprea||$10.0 million (1.1 times bigger)|
|Danielle Staub||$1.0 million (11 times bigger)|
|Kathy Wakile||$5.0 million (2.2 times bigger)|
Teresa Giudice’s Legal Troubles
- Joe and Teresa Giudice filed for bankruptcy in 2009; an auction of their furniture was cancelled when they withdrew their petition.
- In 2013, the Giudices were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud for falsifying information on loan applications.
- Joe Giudice was charged with failure to file tax returns during 2004 and 2008 where he reportedly earned $1.0 million.
- In March 2014, the Giudices entered a plea deal with federal prosecutors; they were accused of financial fraud, which saw them earn around $5.0 million over a decade.
- Teresa Giudice was sentenced to 15 months in prison and her husband was sentenced to 41 months; they are allowed to serve their sentences separately so that one parent remains with the children.
- Teresa Giudice served her sentence first in 2015; the couple had to pay $414,000 in restitution.
- One of their residences was foreclosed in 2015; the $170,000 home went for only $100 in an auction.
- The Feds also took her Maserati, household furnishings, and rent from a property; exactly 25% of her RHONJ salary goes to the government.
- Teresa Giudice’s net worth is estimated at $11.0 million because of her debt; her financial status has been recovering thanks to Bravo and her book deals.
|Net Worth||$11.0 million|
|RHONJ Salary per season before prison sentence||$700,000|
|RHONJ Salary per season after prison sentence||$1.0 million|
|Bravo goodbye interview pay||$250,000|
|Bravo post-prison interview||$350,000|
|Restitution bill (paid in full)||$414,588|
|Foreclosed New Jersey home sale||$100|