Travis Scott had a steady rise in hip-hop with his music gaining popular and critical acclaim. He has a net worth of $8.0 million in 2018, which is a huge increase from few months ago.
Since he broke into the scene in 2008, Travis Scott has been unstoppable. His music has been a major attraction to hip-hop fans, adding to his fame and fortune. His net worth going into 2018 is $8.0 million and still rising. The critically-acclaimed artist’s graph has only risen since he began dating the Kardashian-Jenner baby, Kylie. And now, they reportedly have their own baby on the way. Rumors about their breakup which reportedly happened over Christmas doesn’t appear to affect this rapper’s popularity. How does Kylie’s purported baby daddy make all his money? Find out about Travis Scott’s net worth here.
How Rich is Travis Scott?
- Born Jacques Webster Jr. on April 30, 1992 in Houston, Texas, he grew up in a middle-class suburban area outside Houston. His father ran his own business but they had financial difficulties when he was a child. He later dropped out of college to pursue music.
- Under his stage name, Travis Scott, he became a record producer at 16 and released his debut EP on MySpace. He was part of the hip-hop trio, The Classmates, which disbanded over financial disputes.
- During his initial career, he attempted to make it work in New York and Los Angeles, to no success. But he got his big break in L.A. when T.I. noticed his talent.
- His debut mixtape, Owl Pharaoh was released in 2013 as a free download, the same year he was named to XXL’s Freshman Class.
- In 2012, he signed his first major label deal with Epic Records and with Kanye West’s GOOD Music in the production wing.
- With music streaming available for free, physical album sales don’t add to revenues anymore. Travis Scott earned his riches from touring, like the multi-city concert tour, The Rodeo Tour.
- Scott’s earnings in 2014 were reportedly $15,000 per stop. Forbes now estimates it to be $100,000 per stop.
- Back in May, Scott was sued by LCAR Management, his former management, for failure to pay the stipulated 15% from his earnings. He reportedly owes the company $2.0 million.
- Last year, Scott gave his parents a special Christmas gift by buying them a lavish house.
- We know he has a Lamborghini which he bumped into another car. He also showed off an Astro-Coupe on Instagram.
- He was named to Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Princes in 2014, and in 2018, ranks with Cardi B and Lil Uzi Vert in Forbes 30 Under 30 in Music.
The following table illustrates his earnings over the years:
Check out how Travis Scott’s net worth has increased over the years:
Keeping up with the Kash
- Scott began dating Kylie Jenner soon after her breakup from Tyga. Not long after, rumors swirled that they are expecting a baby together. However, rumors about their relationship being on the rocks since December 2017 have been doing the rounds. Their breakup is unconfirmed and reports claim that Travis has been away because of his busy schedule.
- Kylie owns a cosmetic company and is one of the richest women in the Kardashian-Jenner Klan. So fans compare Scott’s wealth to Kylie and her family, as well as other men the Kardashians have dated.
Here’s how Scott compares to reality TV’s first family:
|Travis Scott’s Net Worth||$8.0 million|
|Kylie Jenner||$50.0 million (6.25 times smaller)|
|Kendall Jenner||$18.0 million (2.25 times smaller)|
|Kris Jenner||$60.0 million (7.5 times smaller)|
|Kim Kardashian||$175.0 million (21.8 times smaller)|
|Kourtney Kardashian||$35.0 million (4.3 times smaller)|
|Khloe Kardashian||$40.0 million (5 times smaller)|
|Rob Kardashian||$10.0 million (1.25 times smaller)|
|Tyga||$2.0 million (4 times bigger)|
|Kanye West||$160.0 million (20 times smaller)|
|Scott Disick||$16.0 million (2 times smaller)|
|Tristan Thompson||$8.0 million (equal)|