Celebrities splurge on designer clothes and luxury vacations, so why not homes? Check out our top five picks for the most desirable celebrity homes—some of these are so outrageous, you’d have to see it to believe it.
- Ozzy Osbourne: The reigning rock star of the ‘70s and lead singer of band Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne has done incredibly well for himself. And at 66, the “Godfather of Heavy Metal” is living life in style. Osbourne currently lives in a $10 million mansion located in Hidden Hills, California. With a net worth of $220 million, it doesn’t sound like much. But the home is massive, what with its almost 11,000-square foot area featuring six bedrooms and ten bathrooms. If you think this sounds excessive, wait till you see the rest of this list!
- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith: This celebrity power couple lives in a Calabasas, L.A. castle—that’s right, a castle—along with their two teenage children, Jaden and Willow. Not only does the home have a net value of $20 million, but it also comes with a free exclusive zip code. It also boasts a golf course along with basketball courts and several other luxuries. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has definitely lived up to his name even today, as his house is so pricey that it is out of reach for even other celebrities.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: How can we list exotic homes and leave out Brangelina’s French estate? It’s the same one they first rented back in 2008, only to buy it for $60 million four years later. The chateau is 1,000 acres large with a vineyard, located in Province. With more than 30 rooms, this land was earlier owned by Jacques Loussier, a French jazz pianist, who built a recording studio inside that attracted rock stars like moths to a flame.
- Oprah Winfrey: Even in their wildest dreams, one would not imagine that the Queen of Talk lives in a “house” worth $85 million! Her home in Montecito, California is the result of more than 25 years’ worth of hard work. Naturally, with such a hefty price tag, the mansion has some excellent features, such as 10 fireplaces, six bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, a private movie theater, and a lake for her collection of “exotic” fish.
- Bill Gates: Not surprisingly, the father of Microsoft, Bill Gates, lives in a sprawling 66,000-square foot mansion in Medina, Washington. Being one of the world’s richest men since 1995 and with a net worth of $79.2 billion, Gates could have surely afforded more than a $147.5 million home. But given that he has pledged at least half of his wealth to charity, it’s a splurge. The tech-savvy home has been the object of spectacle for many years—so much so that someone once reportedly paid $35,000 at a charity auction just to tour the home!