Stan Lee, the Marvel comics mogul, is no longer in the hospital and is reportedly feeling much better than before. Lee was taken to the hospital on Wednesday after he complained of shortness of breath and an irregular heartbeat. The 95-year-old now seems to be in good spirits and health, so he will go on to enjoy the fortune that he made for himself. Stan Lee’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at $50.0 million.
|About Stan Lee|
|Birth||December 28, 1922 Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Spouse||Joan Boocock Lee 1947 - 2017|
|Children||Joan Celia Lee, Daughter, Jan Lee, Daughter|
|Siblings||Larry Lieber, Brother|
|Parents||Jack Lieber, Father, Celia Lieber, Mother|
|Address||9440 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, California|
|Job||Comic Book Creator|
Marvel is one of the world’s biggest comic publications. Their comics have been inspiring young minds and creating a world of wonder and science since the ‘60s.
Many people were worried when they heard that Stan Lee was hospitalized. And much to the relief of his fans, Lee is now in good health.
Here’s what you need to know about Stan Lee’s movies, comics, and his fortune.
How Much Does Stan Lee Make in a Year?
- Stan Lee’s estimated net worth in 2018 is $50.0 million, and it’s safe to say that most of his fortune came through his vivid imagination.
- Lee is responsible for co-creating wonderful characters like the Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange, and many others that fans have adored for generations.
- Back in 2009, Disney bought Marvel in a somewhat win-win situation; they spent a reported $4.0 billion to acquire the mega-brand and its library of more than 5,000 characters.
- It is estimated that the creator of Marvel receives a cool $1.0 million every year for life from the now Disney-owned comic company.
- Stan Lee is not only known for his comics, but he is also famous for his cameos in the Marvel movies.
How Rich Is Stan Lee?
- The value of Stan Lee Media’s stock brought a solid $90.0 million for the writer; he earned an estimated $96.0 million in 2014 alone.
- Stan Lee’s house in The Bird Streets neighborhood within the Hollywood Hills area is a plush home valued at a whopping $20.0 million; it comes complete with a sprawling pool, sauna, and a jacuzzi.
- In more recent news, Lee reported a loss of $300,000, which he claims was stolen from him by someone who issued a fraudulent check.
- Lee said in his complaint to the police that the money was withdrawn without his knowledge, and the people who work for Lee found out that the check was marked as a loan and was probably forged.
- It was later found out that someone had used Lee’s money to buy a condo in West Hollywood for $850,000; the police are currently investigating the case.
Here is Stan Lee’s net worth compared to that of his contemporaries:
|Businessman||Net Worth (estimated)|
|George Lucas (Man behind Star Wars)||$5.1 billion|
|Walt Disney||$5.0 billion|
|Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek creator)||$500.0 million|
|John Lasseter (Pixar)||$100.0 million|
|Stan Lee (Marvel)||$50.0 million|
|Hugh Hefner (Playboy Publications)||$50.0 million|