Reportedly five years in the making, Nipsey Hussle just released his debut studio album, Victory Lap. And it’s not like he’s new to the scene; he released a bunch of high-quality mixtapes over the years and built up a massive fan following, so you can imagine why fans are excited. Nipsey Hussle’s net worth is approximately $4.5 million. He invests a lot of time, passion, and hard work to create growth opportunities for inner-city youth and he’s still got a ton in the bank. Keep reading to learn more about this budding artist’s finances.
Nipsey Hussle certainly didn’t “hussle” when it comes to releasing new music; he took his time. Even though the rapper has been churning out mixtapes for almost a decade, it was only on February 16, 2018 that he dropped his long-awaited debut studio album, Victory Lap. What’s that they say? All good things come to those who wait…
Labor of Love
The album didn’t come easy, as it was almost five years in the making. But as per early reports, it looks like the wait was well worth it; fans already have nothing but praise for Victory Lap.
Before the success of the album is even secure, people want to know more about his financial situation. It’s been reported that Nipsey Hussle’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at an approximate $4.5 million, and now with the release of this highly anticipated album, it’s sure to increase.
Nipsey Hussle’s Net Worth Compared to Other Rappers
|Wiz Khalifa||$45.0 million|
|Chance the Rapper||$9.0 million|
|Lil Uzi Vert||$7.0 million|
|21 Savage||$4.0 million|
|Lil Pump||$4.0 million|
|Nipsey Hussle||$4.5 million|
A Slew of Mixtapes
– Hussle has been releasing mixtapes since 2005. They have slowly and steadily built his reputation as a hot new rapper to watch out for. His mixtapes include Slauson Boy Volume 1, Bullets Ain’t Got No Name Vol.1, Vol.2, and Vol.3, The Marathon, The Marathon Continues, Crenshaw, Mailbox Money, and Famous Lies and Unpopular Truth.
– Some of Hussle’s singles that have won over numerous fans include: “Hussle in the House,” “Feelin’ Myself,” “Proud of That,” “Face the World,” “Blessings,” and “FDT (F**k Donald Trump).”
– In late 2010, he started his own label, All Money In.
Making Good Investments
– As of 2018, Hussle invested in several business ventures like a hair store with his brother, a crypto currency-focused technology company, and a billion dollar community development project in South Los Angeles.
Innovative Marketing Strategies
– Hussle reportedly sold 1,000 hard copies of Crenshaw for $100 each in less than 24 hours, effectively making a cool $100,000 in October 2013. This marketing strategy was dubbed the #ProudtoPay campaign.
– In 2015, he raised the stakes by offering only 100 units of Mailbox Money at $1,000 each.
– Even though Hussle owns several cars, his current favorite is his new Mercedes-Maybach S600, which he regularly takes out for video shoots.
Endorsing Prestigious Brands
– Thanks to Hussle’s burgeoning popularity, he secured several endorsement deals for brands such as Puma, Beats By Dre, Elite Human Hair, and Lace Me Up.
Creating Opportunities in Inner Cities
Hussle is currently involved in a community development real estate project known as STEM, where the purpose is to create a center for youth interested in science, engineering, technology, and mathematics. The network and resource center will create a direct pipeline from inner cities to Silicon Valley.
The first few cities expected to see STEM centers are Los Angeles, Baltimore, Atlanta, Washington D.C., and San Diego. Nipsey Hussle is trying to give back to his community and help the youth build their future as he brings his music to a wider audience.