Miley Cyrus grew up in the public eye until she was at the top of a pop culture phenomenon. Her ultimate celebrity status with her music and acting raised her net worth in 2018 to $160.0 million, and it’s only growing.
She started as the tween popstar with a dual life on Disney, but Miley Cyrus has since conquered music, film, and television. After graduating from Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus shocked with how much she’s outgrown her Disney days. But her controversy-courting transition boosted her album sales. It’s no surprise that this recently turned 25-year-old has a net worth of $160.0 million. How much has her wealth grown since Hannah Montana? Find out in Miley Cyrus’ net worth here.
How Does Miley Cyrus Earn Her Wealth?
- Destiny Hope Cyrus was born in Tennessee to Tish and country singer, Billy Ray Cyrus. Her name was shortened to Miley Cyrus, which she goes by now. At the age of eight, she decided to become an actress and landed a role on Disney’s Hannah Montana when she 11.
- Cyrus was paid $15,000 per episode of Hannah Montana. Albums under her stage persona were Billboard hits. She became richer as the first artist to sign TV, film, music, and merchandising deals with Disney.
- She debuted under her own name in 2007 with Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus which topped the Billboard 200.
- She embarked on a tour to promote the album which led to the 3D concert film, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert (2008). It followed with her first theatrical release, Bolt which earned her a Golden Globe nomination.
- With the release of “The Climb” from the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack, Cyrus, then 16, became the youngest artist to have four number one albums on Billboard 200.
- She collaborated with Max Azria to release a clothing line exclusively for Walmart.
- Cyrus’ albums and live stages parlayed controversy for commercial success. However, the scandals caused her last Hannah Montana album to commercially fail.
- Post-Disney, she focused more on touring, her acting career, and her on-again off-again relationship with Liam Hemsworth.
- She made her comeback to music in 2013 with her hit “Wrecking Ball” from Bangerz. She garnered more attention that year at the VMAs performing with Robin Thicke.
- After releasing several commercially successful albums, she took to mentoring aspiring musicians on The Voice. Cyrus is one of the highest paid coaches of the show alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Gwen Stefani.
- She is regularly featured on Forbes lists, including the “Celebrity 100.” She pulled in profits from her sold-out tours.
The following table illustrates her success from her music, tours, TV and film:
|Miley Cyrus’ net worth||$160.0 million|
|Yearly Salary||$17.0 million|
|Hannah Montana earnings||$15,000 per episode|
|Hannah Montana movie worldwide box office sales||$155.0 million|
|Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour 3D concert film box office sales||$70.6 million|
|Bolt box office sales||$310.0 million|
|Bangerz album sales||$1.3 million|
|Bangerz promotion appearances||$500,000 per appearance|
|The Last Song worldwide box office sales||$89.0 million|
|Bangerz tour earnings||$62.9 million|
|“Gypsy Heart” tour earnings||$26.0 million|
|“Wonder World” tour earnings||$67.1 million|
|“Best of Both Worlds” tour earnings||$54.0 million|
|The Voice earnings per season||$13.0 to $15.0 million|
Best of Both Worlds
- After a three-year on-again off-again relationship, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth get engaged in 2012. He gave her a 3.5 carat Neil Lane ring which is not to Cyrus’ “aesthetic.” Their combined net worth is valued at $176.0 million.
- The young pop icon has a knack for spending on the best, including several properties in Nashville and California, including an equestrian estate in Hidden Hills and a home right next door to Hemsworth.
- She sold a home in Toluca Lake, California for $6 million after the home was burglarized thrice. She lost $100,000 worth of valuables.
|Tennessee farmhouse||$5.8 million|
|Malibu house||$2.5 million|
|Hidden Hills equestrian estate||$5.0 million|
|Studio City house||$3.9 million|
|Range Rover Sport||$63,000-$92,000|
|McLaren (bought with Hemsworth)||$200,000|