Michelle Williams is one of the finest actresses in Hollywood. The three-time Academy Award nominee acted in some of the grittiest and enlightening films of the last two decades. Early in her career, she worked in meaningful films, despite being paid less than other actresses. Now, Michelle Williams has a net worth of $16.0 million. The actress is currently in the news for reportedly being underpaid for the kidnapping drama, All the Money in the World as compared to her co-star Mark Wahlberg.
Some might say that All the Money in the World is in the news for all the wrong reasons. First for Christopher Plummer taking on the role of billionaire John Paul Getty after Kevin Spacey was unceremoniously removed following allegations of sexual assault. Now, the studio is facing allegations that they were not fair in paying the actors for reshoots. It is reported that Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million to return for a few days of re-shoots, while Michelle Williams was paid a pittance.
Unfair Gender Pay Gap
Some reports claim that Michelle Williams, who plays Getty’s daughter-in-law in the film, was paid as low as $80 a day. Considering how accomplished an actress she is and how important her role is in the film, that news is shocking, bringing more light to the pay gap issue in Hollywood. Throughout her acting career, Michelle Williams’ net worth in 2018 is estimated to be a healthy $16.0 million.
Michelle Williams’ Net Worth Compared to other Actresses
|Name of Actress||Net Worth|
|Emma Stone||$28.0 million|
|Cara Delevingne||$21.0 million|
|Rachel McAdams||$16.0 million|
|Emma Roberts||$15.0 million|
|Lily Collins||$8.0 million|
|Margot Robbie||$8.0 million|
|Michelle Williams||$16.0 million|
- Williams began her acting career in the early 1990s, appearing in TV shows like:
- Step by Step
- Home Improvement
- Dawson’s Creek
- She soon started her film career and appeared in small budget films like:
- Killing Mr. Griffin
- Halloween H2O: 20 Years Later
- Michelle Williams’ movies had a large indie following, but she soon started taking on roles with bigger budgets including:
- Prozac Nation
- The United States of Leland
- Land of Plenty
- Brokeback Mountain
- I’m Not There
- Oz the Great and Powerful
- Blue Valentine
- Shutter Island
- My Week with Marilyn
- Manchester by the Sea
- The Greatest Showman.
- She lives in a Victorian Flatbush house in Brooklyn, New York, which was designed in 1905 and continues to impress everyone who sees it
- Michelle Williams’ house has 18 rooms, a front-entrance porch with high fluted Ionic columns, cedar facade, copper downspouts, and a cute weather vane.
Williams brings a bite and sharpness to every film she is in. With many people calling out various industries to further the fight for gender equality, actresses like Michelle Williams should soon be receiving the same compensation as their male counterparts for their roles and contribution.