Macaulay Culkin got into shenanigans while left home alone and became famous. How much money does Macaulay Culkin make a year? The numbers have since dwindled, but Macaulay Culkin’s net worth in 2018 is still estimated at a whopping $15.0 million.
We can only dream of swimming in dough like Richie Rich, but Macaulay Culkin got to live it. The Home Alone and Richie Rich star was a big part of our childhoods, but he has since grown up.
Culkin once claimed he “retired” from acting and is busy hanging around with his precious goddaughter, Paris Jackson. On the romantic front, he’s dating former Disney star, Brenda Song.
If he’s retired, what is Culkin doing for a living to maintain his $15.0 million net worth? Keep reading to find out!
Macaulay Culkin’s Movies, TV Shows, and Music
- Born on August 26, 1980 in New York City, Culkin’s father was a Broadway actor; his parents and six siblings lived in a small apartment during his early childhood.
- His acting career began at the age of four in stage productions at the New York Philharmonic.
- Culkin appeared on stage, TV, and films; his early credits include appearances in The Equalizer, The Midnight Hour, and Uncle Buck.
- The actor’s breakout role came in the movie Home Alone, which made box office records grossing over $476.0 million worldwide; it bumped his salary in the equally successful sequel.
- He starred in the big screen adaptation of Harvey Comics character, Richie Rich; it bombed commercially but was one of Culkin’s most famous roles.
- After years of inactivity, he returned to acting with the 2000 stage production, Madame Melville at London’s West End.
- In his later career, Culkin appeared on Will & Grace and starred in Party Monster; he did voice-over work for Robot Chicken, starred in Sex and Breakfast, and appeared in a few music videos.
- Culkin signed endorsement deals and filmed commercials for Aviva Insurance and Compare the Market.
- In 2013, the actor was the star of a viral YouTube video of him eating a cheese pizza, which he co-produced and directed; it was a promotion tactic before the debut of his pizza-themed comedy rock band, the Pizza Underground.
- Culkin toured with the band but the audience response was poor; he recently announced that he disbanded Pizza Underground.
- The star converted his New York apartment worth $2.0 million into an art studio.
- Macaulay Culkin claimed he was retiring from acting but hasn’t really left the industry; he stars alongside his girlfriend, Brenda Song, in the upcoming movie, Changeland.
Check out Macaulay Culkin’s salaries and wealth as illustrated in the table below.
|Macaulay Culkin’s Net Worth (approx.)||$15.0 million|
|Annual Salary (approx.)||$1.7 million|
|Uncle Buck (1989) salary||$40,000|
|Home Alone (1990) salary||$100,000|
|My Girl (1991) salary||$1.0 million|
|Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) salary||$4.5 million|
|The Good Son (1993) salary||$5.0 million|
|Getting Even with Dad (1994) salary||$8.0 million|
|Richie Rich (1994) salary||$8.0 million|
|Sex and Breakfast salary||$2.1 million|
|Saved! salary||$1.0 million|
|New York apartment||$2.0 million|
Macaulay Culkin’s Troubles
- Culkin was arrested in 2004 for the possession of marijuana; he was released after posting a bail of $4,000.
- He detailed his estranged relationship with his father in his book, Junior, published in 2006 and recently talked about being abused by him.
- His father was his manager and his parents weren’t married; there were reports that his father often stole Culkin’s money.
- The actor famously got a “divorce” from his parents.
- When a bitter custody battle ensued between his parents, Culkin fired his father as his manager.
- The court removed his parents as legal guardians and allowed then 15-year-old Macaulay Culkin to manage his own money.
Though he’s stayed off the radar for the majority of his adult life, many still wonder about Macaulay Culkin and are reminded of those classic movie he starred in, many of which we all still love today.