This year, the 90th Academy Awards will see Kumail Nanjiani nominated for the first time, and fans couldn’t be more thrilled to see him up for an award! He will also be presenting with several other stars like Margot Robbie, Chadwick Boseman, and Jennifer Garner. He very well could be taking home his first Oscar, which may even increase Kumail Nanjiani’s net worth of $6.0 million. That’s right, he may just be starting out, but he’s already worth a pretty penny! Here is everything you need to know about Kumail Nanjiani’s movies and TV shows, as well as how he made his fortune.
Pakistani-American stand-up comedian and podcast host, Kumail Nanjiani, is known for being a part of HBO’s hit show, Silicon Valley.
Originally, Nanjiani was born in Karachi, Pakistan. But at the age of 18, he moved to the United States and graduated from Grinnell College in Iowa with a double major in philosophy and computer science.
Nanjiani is famous for the movie The Big Sick, which was released in 2017. He wrote it with his wife, Emily V. Gordon, and it was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay that year.
How Rich Is Kumail Nanjiani?
- Kumail Nanjiani’s net worth is estimated at $6.0 million; he has worked in several movies and TV shows throughout his career.
- Nanjiani’s films include Life as We Know It, The Kings of Summer, Bad Milo, Sex Tape, Addicted to Fresno, Hello, My Name Is Doris, Goosebumps, Central Intelligence, Brother Nature, Flock of Dudes, The Late Bloomer, The Big Sick, and Funny: The Documentary.
- The actor appeared in TV shows like The Colbert Report, Michael & Michael Have Issues, Googy, Franklin & Bash, Portlandia, Adventure Time, Newsreaders, Burning Love, Silicon Valley, The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, TripTank, Community, and The Grinder.
- For his brilliant work and acting, Nanjiani has won a Kanbar Award for Storytelling in 2017 for The Big Sick.
- In 2017, Nanjiani was also nominated for Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, Gotham Awards, Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Awards, NAACP Image Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and Critics’ Choice Television Awards.
- Kumail Nanjiani’s house is a two-bedroom Los Feliz home, which is shared by him and his wife, along with their cat, Bagel.
- Kumal Nanjiani got married to Emily V. Gordon in 2007; his wife was the producer and booker of The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail.
Kumail Nanjiani’s Net Worth Comparison
|Kumail Nanjiani’s Net Worth||$6.0 million|
|Aziz Ansari’s Net Worth||$18.0 million|
|Louis C.K.’s Net Worth||$35.0 million|
|Russell Peters’ Net Worth||$55.0 million|
|Kal Penn’s Net Worth||$15.0 million|
|Mike Birbiglia’s Net Worth||$2.0 million|