The family of 19-year-old teen, Kenneka Jenkins is shaken by the news of her death, and there is a lot of speculation surrounding the situation. According to the hotel’s video, Kenneka Jenkins was seen in an inebriated state before she was found dead in a walk-in freezer. After learning about the entire incident, many people are wondering, was Kenneka Jenkins murdered? To find out more about her, keep on reading.

After a hard work week, most look forward to the weekend to unwind and spend time with friends. It was a typical fun Friday night for Kenneka Jenkins, who was out with her friends at a party having a good time. However, that fun night turned into a disastrous one for the Jenkins’ family, when they received the news that Kenneka Jenkins was found dead.

Also Read: Kenneka Jenkins’ Friend, Irene Roberts Challenge: Why Is This Trending?

How It All Started

On early Sunday morning, Kenneka Jenkins’ body was found inside a walk-in freezer at a Rosemont hotel in Chicago. According to sources, Jenkins’ body was discovered by the officials after an hours-long search and was proclaimed dead at 12:48 a.m. Tereasa Martin (Jenkins’ mother) and the police reported that Jenkins left her place around 11:30 p.m. on Friday to attend a party with her friends. The party was being held in a hotel room at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel & Conference Center in Rosemont. Sources further claim that the last conversation Jenkins’ sister had with Jenkins was on Saturday around 1:30 a.m. Witnesses further told the cops that they saw Jenkins at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel.

Also Read: Did Monifah Shelton Commit Suicide? Is Monifah Shelton Really Dead?

Tereasa Martin’s Discussion with the Reporters

Martin said that Jenkins’ friends phoned her a little later than 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning to inform her that Jenkins disappeared somewhere in the hotel, and they left the hotel after they could not find her. Her friends also told her that Martin’s car, which she had lent her daughter, was with them and they also had Jenkins’ mobile phone.

Upon receiving the call, Martin headed to the hotel at 5:00 a.m. Saturday to find her daughter. She further explained that the hotel informed her that they require a missing persons’ report from the police officials before looking at the surveillance footage of the hotel. Martin informed the Rosemont Police Department and she was asked to wait for a few hours before filing the report, to see if her daughter turned up.

Martin also told the reporters that Jenkins told her she was heading over to the show and going bowling with her friends. Martin came to know about the hotel party when her daughter’s friends called her to inform that they could not find Jenkins and were going back with the car. Martin further explained that the three of them, including Jenkins, were about to leave the party, but they realized Jenkins forgot her phone and car keys in the room. Her friends told Martin that while they went to the room to gather Jenkins’ stuff, she stayed back in the hallway. However, her friends said when they came back to the hallway, Jenkins was nowhere to be found.

Also Read: Kenneka Jenkins’ Friend, Irene Roberts: Did Irene Roberts Turn Herself In?

Martin is a little skeptical about her friends’ accounts, as she stated that they changed their stories over and over. Martin is also not happy with the police’s explanation. She said, “(I’m) horrified. It’s something that no one could ever imagine. It’s unbelievable.” The detectives told Martin that Jenkins was in an inebriated state and entered the freezer on her own. However, Martin has a tough time digesting that information because she said, “Those were double steel doors, she didn’t just pop them open.” She further said, “If they had taken me seriously and checked right away, they could have found my daughter much sooner and she might have been alive.”

The Discovery of Kenneka Jenkins’ Body

The missing person report was filed by Jenkins’ older sister. The authorities informed the hotel about Jenkins’ disappearance on Saturday afternoon around 1:15 p.m. The search for Jenkins continued for almost 11 hours. She was searched everywhere from all public areas to the ninth floor, where she was last seen by the witnesses.

Even the guests of the hotel were asked if they knew anything about Jenkins. Upon the request of the family, the police officials agreed to view the footage of the hotel. Around 10:00 p.m. Saturday night, officials informed Jenkins’ family that they spotted Jenkins in the video around 3:20 a.m. Saturday morning; she was wasted and was standing near the front desk.

Jenkins’ family stayed at the hotel Sunday morning when her body was discovered in the walk-in freezer. Reports suggest that Jenkins’ body was found in the area where the hotel was doing some construction. The freezer in which she was found was turned on and cold, but according to the authorities, it was not used to keep food.

The spokesman for the village of Rosemont, Gary Mack, said, “I just happen to know there’s work being done on some new facilities over there, so there is some construction activity where a new restaurant is being built, and (she was found) in that vicinity.” Mack further added, “This is not an area where anyone would typically be who was a guest in the hotel.”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Conference Center’s Statement

The hotel where Jenkins body was discovered released a statement that read: “The Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Conference Center holds the safety, security and well-being of our guests and employees as our top priority and concern. We are saddened by this news, and our thoughts are with the young woman and her family during this difficult time. The hotel staff will continue to cooperate fully with local authorities. All further questions should be directed to the Rosemont Police Department.”

There are also rumors about Kenneka Jenkins and Monifah Shelton. Monifah and Kenneka were friends and there are speculations that Shelton committed suicide because she was being accused of killing Jenkins. However, the news of Shelton committing suicide has not been confirmed by anybody and it considered to be a hoax story.

For now, officials claim that Jenkins entered the walk-in freezer herself. However, her mother suggests there is a foul-play involved and that she was murdered. Additionally, there is a video uploaded on YouTube in which allegedly states that Kenneka Jenkins cried for help before her death. If you take a look at the comments section, people claim they can hear Jenkins saying “Help Me” right before the music starts. The comments section also states that Kenneka Jenkins was raped and in the video, somebody can be heard saying, “Destiny brother in there raping her.” The autopsy reports will reveal any hidden foul-play and will maybe put an end the mystery.