John Mellencamp is a musician who is known for hits like “Hurts So Good,” “Pink Houses,” “Small Town,” “Paper in Fire,” and “Cherry Bomb.” So it comes as no surprise that John Mellencamp’s net worth is estimated at $25.0 million. If you want to learn more about how much John Mellencamp is worth, then keep reading as we have the scoop on his financials right here.
John J. Mellencamp was born on October 7, 1951, in Seymour, Indiana. Also known as Johnny Cougar and John Cougar, he is famous for being a rock singer who served as an inspiration to several artists. Throughout his career, he released several albums and singles. If you want to know more about John Mellencamp’s net worth, then keep reading.
John Mellencamp’s Financial Details
|Year and Source||Earnings|
|Record sales in 1979||$750,000|
|Record sales in 1980||$1.5 million|
|Record sales in 1982||$7.5 million|
|Sales from American Fool||$600,000|
|Sales from Scarecrow||$600,000|
|Record sales in 1983||$4.5 million|
|Sales from Uh-Huh||$600,000|
|Record sales in 1985||$7.5 million|
|Canadian sales from The Lonesome Jubilee||$720,000|
|Record sales in 1987||$4.5 million|
|Sales from Big Daddy||$240,000|
|Record sales in 1989||$1.5 million|
|Record sales in 1991||$1.5 million|
|Canadian sales from Whenever We Wanted||$120,000|
|Record Sales in 1997||$4.5 million|
|Canadian sales from The Best That I Could Do||$120,000|
|Sales from John Mellencamp||$750,000|
|Sales from Cuttin’ Heads||$750,000|
|Record sales in 2004||$1.5 million|
|Indiana home (2015)||$950,000|
John Mellencamp’s Accomplishments
- He was nominated for 13 Grammy Awards.
- His latest album, Sad Clowns & Hillbillies was released on April 28, 2017.
- On March 10, 2008, Mellencamp’s name was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Besides music, he also tried his hand at acting. His work includes: Falling from Grace, Madison, After Image, and Lone Star State of Mind.
- He won a Grammy in 1983 for Best Male Rock Performer for “Hurts So Good.”
- Mellencamp was also awarded the Nordoff-Robbins Silver Clef Special Music Industry Humanitarian Award in 1991; the Billboard Century Award in 2001; and Woody Guthrie Award in 2003.
- In 2007, he won the ASCAP Foundation Champion Award.
- Besides album sales, Mellencamp also earns around $653,595 from endorsements and sponsorships. His yearly income is estimated to be $2.9 million.
- John Mellencamp’s albums and songs are major hits among fans. In fact, he serves as an inspiration to many artists like Doug McClemont and Lilly Wei.
- To promote his latest album, Mellencamp went on a Sad Clowns & Hillbillies tour, which started on June 5, 2017 and ended on September 3, 2017, in Canfield, OH.
John Mellencamp’s Net Worth in Recent Years
Mellencamp reportedly has a house in Bloomington, Indiana and a vacation home in Daufuskie Island, South Carolina.