Ice Cube is nothing less than an icon in the world of music, thanks to his work in seminal bands like C.I.A. and N.W.A. in the mid-1980s. He has ventured into films, television, and business ventures and made a fortune for himself. Ice Cube’s net worth in 2018 is currently estimated at $160.0 million, and he spends his money on buying houses and cars for himself. Keep reading to find out how Ice Cube made his millions, right here.
Fans of Ice Cube would be delighted to know that the legendary rapper will be entertaining crowds in a couple of concerts. They are scheduled to be held on April 21 and July 20, 2018, in Inglewood, California, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, respectively.
Even though his real name is O’Shea Jackson Sr., he is known all over the world professionally as Ice Cube. He is an American rapper, songwriter, actor, film producer, record producer, screenwriter, and entrepreneur, who is one of the biggest players in showbiz today.
Ice Cube has been around since 1984. So, not surprisingly, his net worth is estimated at a whopping $160.0 million today.
People are curious to know more about Ice Cube’s financial condition, so check out some details about his massive fortune below.
Ice Cube’s Net Worth Compared to Other Rappers
|Name of Artist||Net Worth|
|Jay Z||$900.0 million|
|Sean Combs||$825.0 million|
|Dr. Dre||$800.0 million|
|Kanye West||$160.0 million|
|Ice T||$40.0 million|
|Chuck D||$18.0 million|
|Ice Cube||$160.0 million|
Attitude & Substance
- Ice Cube first came to everyone’s attention as one of the primary songwriting and performing members of the seminal rap groups, Cru’ in Action (C.I.A.) and Niggaz Wit Attitudes (N.W.A.)
- N.W.A.’s debut album, Straight Outta Compton, signaled the start of the new gangsta era where the production and social commentary in their lyrics were revolutionary.
Songs on Fire
- Ice Cube’s songs have made him a powerful force in rap music; they include “No Vaseline,” “Black Korea,” “Wicked,” “It Was a Good Day,” “Check Yo Self,” “You Know How We Do It,” “Why We Thugs,” and “Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.”
- He has also made a name for himself in movies, both on and off the screen; some of Ice Cube’s movies include Boyz n the Hood, Higher Learning, the Friday franchise, Anaconda, Three Kings, Barbershop, Beauty Shop, xXx: State of the Union, 21 Jump Street, and Fist Fight.
A Huge Mansion
- In 2016, the rapper bought a 7,575-square-foot house from fellow actor Jean-Claude Van Damme for $7.25 million in Marina del Ray, California.
- Ice Cube’s house includes six bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, a formal dining room, a chef’s kitchen, a living room with a fireplace, a family room and bar area, a large office, a wine cellar, and a home theater.
A Lover of Fast Wheels
- Ice Cube’s car collection includes a Corvette Stingray, a Rolls Royce, a Bentley Arnage, a Bentley Flying Spur, a Porsche Panamera, and a Cadillac Escalade.
- Thanks to his popularity over the years due to his songs, albums, and movies, the rapper has caught the attention of product marketers; Ice Cube’s endorsements include Coors Light and St. Ides.
Constant Artistic Growth
While most stars with such a huge and respected body of work would likely rest on their laurels, Ice Cube does the opposite. His fertile brain is always exploding with creative ideas as he contributes ceaselessly to music, television, and films.
Even after all these years, Ice Cube is hot property everywhere!