You can send a very clear message to someone without ever saying a word, thanks to your body language. Simple non-verbal cues, like how you’re sitting or which direction your feet are pointing, can say a lot about how you’re feeling at that moment.
Knowing how to use body language can make a world of difference in age gap dating, because it’s an easy way to show a potential partner that you’re interested. And he’s more likely to reciprocate with non-verbal cues of his own. The trick in age gap dating is to not only know what your body language means, but also know what to look for in his actions.
There are lots of ways that you can use body language to your advantage in age gap dating. On the most basic level, you want to send the message that you’re approachable, friendly, interested, and available. Here are a few ways to do this. Plus, this will help you tell if he’s into you, too.
• Uncross your arms and legs: Crossing your arms and legs makes you look closed off, defensive, uninviting, and unapproachable. You cross your arms when you’re bored or upset, so it only makes sense that in age gap dating, that would be a turnoff.
• Make eye contact: Did you know that making eye contact with a date can stimulate arousal? Plus, studies have shown that it makes you seem more personable and confident, which are definitely good qualities to have when it comes to age gap dating. Break up the eye contact by looking down and then looking up again.
• Smile: Speaking of smiles, it’s been proven that smiling is not only contagious, but it also affects your brain, making you actually feel happier.
• Tilt your head: Doing this while someone is talking shows that you’re really present, interested, and engaged in what they’re saying. In age gap dating, that’s a big compliment to the other person. Just make sure you don’t stare past them or look around the room, because then you’ll just look bored and indifferent.
• Point your feet towards them: You might not usually pay any attention to the position of your feet, but it can make a big difference in age gap dating. Pointing it towards your date is a sign that you’re attracted, or at least genuinely interested in him. Likewise, if his feet are pointing towards you, there’s a good chance that he’s attracted to you.
• Stand/Sit up straight. Slouching is unattractive, whereas sitting up nice and tall shows confidence and accentuates your neck and shoulders.
• Non-sexual touch: Physical contact is undoubtedly one of the most powerful tools in age gap dating. Touch has been scientifically shown to subconsciously affect the person on the receiving end by sending them emotional signals. It doesn’t have to be a sexual touch—in fact, it shouldn’t be. Instead, gently place your hand on his arm or shoulder. If he touches your shoulder or the small of your back while ushering you through a doorway, that’s a good sign.
• Play with your hair: Believe it or not, this can be a turn-on in age gap dating. With a simple hair flip or even just by casually playing with your hair, you’re indirectly commanding his attention. It’s like saying, “Look at me!” without actually saying anything.
What do you think: Are there any other non-verbal cues that you found to work well in age gap dating?