Rapper Craig Mack died after reportedly suffering heart failure on Monday, March 12, 2018. He was famous for his 1994 hit single, “Flava In Ya Ear.” Craig Mack’s net worth was estimated at $600,000 at the time of death. Keep reading to know more about the rapper’s wealth.
It came as a shock to many today after reading headlines like “Craig Mack dead.” But unfortunately, the news was confirmed and the late rapper is now being mourned by fans. He died at the age of 46 on Monday evening (March 12) at a hospital located near his home at Walterboro, South Carolina.
Mack’s producer, Alvin Toney, confirmed the sad news and said, “He was prepared for whatever comes, to go home to the Lord. He was prepared to do that. He wasn’t scared. He was ready.”
Many people took to social media and posted tributes to the artist on their pages.
Craig Mack was famous in the ‘90s, but after one hit song, it looked like his career was overshadowed. Regardless, he did manage to make some money while his seemingly “one-hit-wonder” fame lasted. Just how much? Read on to find out!
How Rich Was Craig Mack?
- Craig Mack’s net worth was estimated at $600,000 at the time of his death.
- Mack’s last album, The Mack World Sessions, was released on September 1, 2017; it has eighteen songs in total.
- In 2012, Mack joined the Overcomer Ministry, a religious sect that trumpeted the message of the soon return of the Lord Jesus Christ. However, many viewed the Overcomer Ministry as a cult. A few years back, a video of Mack surfaced showing him with the cult-like organization’s founder, Brother R.G. Stair. According to reports, Mack got so involved in the Overcomer Ministry, he gave all his worldly possessions to them. Many, to this day, still call it a cult.
- The rapper gained recognition and fame in the early ‘90s by becoming a part of Puff Daddy’s record label, Bad Boy Records.
- In 1988, Mack released his first single under the name MC EZ.
- Mack became famous for his 1994 hit song, “Flava In Ya Ear;” he released an album that same year titled, Project: Funk da World, under Bad Boy Records.
- In 1994, the rapper released another single, “Get Down,” from the album, Project: Funk Da World.
- Mack released his second album, Operation: Get Down, in 1997. However, none of his songs were a huge success.
- Although he tried his best to be successful in the music industry, Craig Mack’s efforts were futile, and he disappeared from the hip-hop industry.
Craig Mack’s Net Worth Comparison
|Craig Mack’s Net Worth||$600,000|
|Notorious B.I.G.’s Net Worth||$20.0 million|
|Tupac Shakur’s Net Worth||$40.0 million|
|Keith Murray’s Net Worth||$2.0 million|
|P. Diddy’ Net Worth||$820.0 million|
Source: celebrity net worth