As is tradition with the Oscars, the previous year’s winners of Best Actor/Actress and Best Supporting Actor/Actress present the same award to their gender counterpart. With the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, last year’s Best Actor winner Casey Affleck decided not to present at this year’s awards, following accusations of sexual harassment against him. Learn how rich Casey Affleck is, and if these allegations will have a negative affect on Casey Affleck’s net worth of $10.0 million.
How Much Is Casey Affleck Worth?
- Actor and director Casey Affleck’s net worth is estimated to be $10.0 million.
- Affleck’s first Academy Award nomination came in 2008 for his supporting role in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
- This past awards season, he won over 40 awards for his role in Manchester by the Sea, including a BAFTA, Golden Globe, and Academy Award.
Casey Affleck’s Net Worth Breakdown
|Casey Affleck’s Net Worth||$10.0 million|
|Yearly Income (as of 2017)||$400,000|
Casey Affleck’s Family and Childhood
- Caleb Casey McGuire Affleck-Boldt was born on August 12, 1975, in Falmouth, Massachusetts to Christopher Anne Chris and Timothy Byers Affleck.
- His mother was an elementary school teacher and his father worked several odd jobs as a carpenter, bartender, electrician, and janitor at Harvard University.
- During the mid-1960s, Affleck’s father was a director, writer, actor, and stage manager for the Theater Company of Boston.
- When Affleck was nine, his parents got divorced, forcing him and his brother, Ben Affleck to live with their mother and visit their father on a weekly basis. Growing up in Cambridge, the Affleck brothers frequently accompanied their mother to the theater and were encouraged to produce their own home films.
- While studying at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, Affleck took part in several high school theater productions. To further pursue his dream, he moved to Los Angeles to live with his brother and their childhood friend, Matt Damon, at the age of 18.
- Affleck enrolled at Columbia University in New York City, but did not graduate because it proved to be difficult for him to balance acting and studying.
Casey Affleck’s Movies
- Casey Affleck’s first major film was in 1995, where he played Russell Hines in To Die For. He has since acted and worked in various films such as Good Will Hunting, American Pie, Hamlet, Ocean’s Eleven, Gerry, Ocean’s Twelve, The Last Kiss, Gone Baby Gone, Out of the Furnace, Interstellar, Manchester by the Sea, The Finest Hours, Triple 9, and A Ghost Story.
- He has two new films, Light of My Life and The Old Man and the Gun, that are scheduled to be released in 2018.
Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix’s Divorce
- In the mid-1990s, Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix were introduced by her brother, Joaquin Phoenix. They started dating in 1999 and even appeared together in the 2000 released film Committed. Additionally, they worked together on a stage production of This Is Our Youth.
- The couple were engaged in 2004 and walked down the aisle two years later in Savannah, Georgia.
- In 2004, the couple welcomed their first son, Indiana August. Their second son, Atticus, was born in 2008.
- Their marital bliss did not last long as they separated in November 2015 due to irreconcilable differences, something they did not tell the media until March 2016.
- Sources revealed that Phoenix officially filed for divorce on July 31, 2017 and requested joint legal and physical custody of their children.
- According to court documents, Affleck will not be paying any spousal support, but is paying child support to the tune of $4,000 a month as well as paying for the private school tuition of their two children. Their divorce is reportedly amicable and they are very good friends.
- Earlier in 2017, when Affleck won the Golden Globe for Best Actor, he gave a shout-out to Phoenix and their family saying, “Despite how I might think that I’m in charge at my house, it’s my kids that give me permission to do this because they have got the strength of character to keep at bay all the noise that surrounds people that live publicly to let me travel for months at a time. I love you Indiana and Atticus. Thank you very much. And to their mom that gave me just about every good acting idea I ever had. Thank you very much, I love you.”
- Currently, Affleck is in a relationship with Floriana Lima. The pair started dating in 2016 and made their red carpet debut at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, after Affleck bagged the Best Actor Award for Manchester by the Sea.
Casey Affleck’s Controversy
- In 2010, Affleck was hit with a sexual harassment controversy. He was sued by two women who worked with him on his experimental movie I’m Still Here. The film’s producer sued him for $2.0 million, stating he made unwelcome sexual advances towards her. According to reports, Affleck attempted to persuade her to stay in a hotel room with him and violently grabbed her when she refused to oblige.
- The second female sued Affleck for $2.25 million that same year. She stated that he went into her bed without consent while she was asleep.
- Both cases were settled out of court for an undisclosed amount the same year.
- When the suits were filed against him, Affleck denied all the allegations saying, “People say whatever they want. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how you respond… I guess people think if you’re well-known, it’s perfectly fine to say anything you want. I don’t know why that is. But it shouldn’t be because everybody has families and lives.”
- As a result of these controversies, Affleck has pulled out of presenting the Best Actress award for the 2018 Academy Awards ceremony. While no public statement has been made, it was reported that he did not want to put the awards, or the nominated actresses, in a bad position. His not being there is said to concentrate more focus on the award and the actress’ work.