Zayn Malik’s girlfriend, Gigi Hadid, recently walked the runway for The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2016. It was the first time two sisters walked the runway—Gigi Hadid and her sister Bella Hadid both wore stunning outfits for the VS catwalk. Gigi did a terrific job on the VS show, and won an award at the 2016 British Fashion Awards. Talk about an amazing year! Her boyfriend, former One Direction member and solo artist Zayn Malik, offered a sweet gesture to congratulate her and we’ve got the scoop!
Zayn Malik was not able to be with his girlfriend Gigi Hadid to personally congratulate her for winning Model of the Year at the 2016 British Fashion Awards, but an insider told HollywoodLife.com, “He did make sure to let her know how proud he is of her. He had three dozen red and pink roses delivered to her in London.” The insider said the model was “blown away” and dedicated the award to her boyfriend. “She told him that he’s the reason she won. That he makes her a better person, and without him he wouldn’t be as confident as she is today.” To celebrate her sweet boyfriend, we’ve got 50 Zayn Malik facts to share with you!
Interesting Facts about Zayn Malik
- Zayn Malik is a former member of the British boy band One Direction.
- He is 23 years old.
- His full name is Zain Javaad Malik, but he prefers to be called Zayn.
- His star sign is Capricorn.
- His name, originally “Zain,” means “beautiful” in Arabic.
- Zayn has three sisters named Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa.
- He loves cats.
- He first auditioned as a solo artist for the British reality TV music competition show, The X Factor.
- After several years with One Direction, he left the band in March 2015 to pursue his solo career.
- Zayn Malik’s net worth is $49.0 million.
- He is a Sunni Muslim.
- He was born in Bradford, England, UK.
- Zayn and his bandmates from One Direction released four albums, Up All Night (2011), Take Me Home (2012), Midnight Memories (2013), and Four (2014).
- Zayn’s solo album and title track “Pillowtalk” hit number one in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
- His success from Pillowtalk made him the first British male artist to debut at No.1 in both the UK and US for a debut album and debut single.
- He has been signed to the following labels: Sysco, Columbia, and RCA.
- He grew up listening to his father’s urban music R&B, hip hop and reggae records, and Bollywood musi.
- Zayn began writing raps when he was at school.
- He wants to be married before he is 30 years old.
- He did boxing when he was 15 to 17 years old.
- He originally planned to pursue an English degree at university before starting his music career.
- He was raised in a working-class family.
- Zayn Malik’s nationality is British Pakistani, English, and Irish.
- He grew up listening to R. Kelly, Usher, Donell Jones, Prince, Biggie, 2Pac, Gregory Isaacs, Yellowman and Chris Brown.
- He has a tenor vocal range and is known for his falsetto and belting singing technique.
- During his time in One Direction, he was known as the “Bradford Bad Boy,” due to his tattoos, mischievous behavior, scandals, graffiti art and rock star hairstyles.
- He dated Perrie Edwards of Little Mix in 2012 and they were engaged in 2013. On August 4, 2015, it was reported that the couple ended their engagement.
- Zayn Malik’s girlfriend is Gigi Hadid as of 2016.
- Zayn speaks English and Urdu and can read Arabic.
- In 2012 he deleted his Twitter account after being the target of anti-Muslim slurs.
- Until he joined One Direction, he never owned a password or boarded a plane.
- Zayn had the strange tradition of brushing his teeth before going on stage.
- GQ named him the Best Dressed Male in 2014.
- He suffers from aquaphobia, the fear of open water and he cannot swim.
- He designed most of his tattoos himself.
- One of his all-time favorite songs is “Thriller” by Michael Jackson.
- He has light brown eyes.
- He had his first kiss when he was 10 with a girl named Sophie Kirk.
- He suffers from acrophobia, the fear of heights.
- He can play the triangle.
- Zayn’s favorite food is chicken.
- Zayn’s last name, Malik, means “king.”
- He held former bandmate Harry Styles’ hand when Harry got his first tattoo.
- His favorite shark is a hammerhead.
- He is a Manchester United fan.
- He loves reading the Harry Potter series.
- He has a thing for intelligent girls.
- A favorite of Zayn Malik’s quotes include “There comes a day when you realise turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realise there’s so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.”
- He is the second older member of One Direction, after Louis Tomlinson.
- His favorite animal is a lion.