|About Curtis James Jackson III|
|Known As||50 Cent|
|Birth||July 6, 1975 South Jamaica, Queens, New York, U.S.|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Job||Rapper, Actor, Businessman, Investor|
|Affiliation||Jam Master Jay, Columbia , Shady , Aftermath , Interscope , G-Unit , Caroline , Capitol|
|Awards||American music awards, ASCAP awards, AVN Awards, BET Awards, BET hip hop awards|
At one point in time, 50 Cent had it all. Money, property, fame, women, and his own thriving business! Then the cookie crumbled and 50 Cent filed for personal bankruptcy in 2015. So, how rich is 50 Cent in 2018? Fortune smiled on him again, and now 50 Cent’s net worth is estimated to be $20.0 million. His new album is out, and he is back on the block!
For a person with a name like 50 Cent, he sure has a lot of dollars! His real name is Curtis James Jackson III. The rapper, actor, businessman, and investor started out in life as a poor kid in the borough of Queens, New York City, in the 1980s.
50 Cent is currently in the news because of reports that he had around $8.0 million in bitcoin earnings that he forgot about!
According to reports, the rapper allowed fans to buy his album, Animal Ambition, using the cryptocurrency in 2014. He allegedly made around $400,000 of bitcoin from these transactions.
Due to a rise in their value, 50 Cent’s bitcoin wealth multiplied many times over.
50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Filing
The rapper denied the reports and said that he earned only a few thousand dollars through the bitcoin transactions.
Even though 50 Cent filed for Chapter 11 personal bankruptcy protection in 2015, he currently has an estimated net worth of $20.0 million. He came out of bankruptcy in January 2017 and is currently focused on never having to be in that position ever again.
50 Cent’s Net Worth Compared to Other Rappers
|Kanye West||$160.0 million|
|Lil Wayne||$150.0 million|
|Wiz Khalifa||$45.0 million|
|Chance the Rapper||$9.0 million|
|50 Cent||$20.0 million|
50 Cent’s Songs and Albums
- After being discovered by Eminem, 50 Cent became a star rapper in his own right with the release of his hit album, Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
- 50 Cent’s subsequent albums include The Massacre, Curtis, Before I Self Destruct, and Animal Ambition.
- In 2018, he is reportedly set to release his sixth studio album, Street King Immortal, which has been delayed several times.
- Some of 50 Cent’s songs that launched him to superstardom include: “How to Rob,” “In Da Club,” “Candy Shop,” “Disco Inferno,” “How We Do,” “Ok, You’re Right,” “Outlaw,” and “New Day.”
Forays into Hollywood
- 50 Cent’s movies and TV shows have contributed to his net worth in a big way. Some of the films that he has appeared in include Home of the Brave, Righteous Kill, Streets of Blood, Dead Man Running, 13, Morning Glory, Setup, All Things Fall Apart, Escape Plan, Last Vegas, Vengeance, and Southpaw.
- He is currently filming Escape Plan 2: Hades, which is set to release later this year.
A Regular Guest on TV Shows
- 50 Cent has been an in-demand guest on talk shows since first breaking out in showbiz as a successful rapper.
- He has appeared on shows like The Howard Stern Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Last Call with Carson Daly, The Tyra Banks Show, The Graham Norton Show, and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- The rapper has also acted in TV series like Entourage, and has made appearances on talk-shows like Rachael Ray, Chelsea Lately, Conan, and Ridiculousness among others.
- You would have also seen him on the big screen as he starred in the film adaptation of his own life called Get Rich or Die Tryin’, which received rave reviews when it was released in 2005.
More Money Than He Can Handle
- At one point in time, 50 Cent had so much money and property that when his house in Connecticut was robbed, he wasn’t even aware he still owned it! (He thought it had been sold.)
- 50 Cent’s house is still on the market and boasts of an area of 50,000 square feet, 19 bedrooms, indoor swimming pool, basketball club, recording studio, full gym, nightclub, multi-car garage, and helicopter landing pads.
To see 50 Cent’s house, just click below:
50 Cent’s Cars
50 Cent loves cars and has a personal collection he is very proud of. His collection includes a 2011 Range Rover, a 2012 Bentley Mulsanne, and a 2005 Lamborghini Murcielago.
|Cars:||2011 Range Rover||2012 Bentley Mulsanne||2005 Lamborghini Murcielago|
|Pros||Luxurious Hi-tech Interior||Increased Gas Mileage||Lamborghini V12 Engine|
|Cons||Poor fuel economy||Headlights||Overpriced|
Before the rapper filed for bankruptcy in 2015, 50 Cent’s endorsements included Effen Vodka.
Back in Black
In July 2017, it was reported, that 50 Cent sold his minority stake in Effen Vodka for $60.0 million, but this hasn’t confirmed. He reportedly sold some properties as well to pay off his debts.
It appears that 50 Cent has been able to square off his debts as his net worth is currently looking very healthy! A net worth of $20.0 million currently might not look as impressive compared to what it once was, but it taught him a tough lesson.
Make no mistake, 50 Cent’s wealth might still inch its way back up, cent by cent! (Especially since he’s always been a very keen business man and is smart when it comes to investments—remember what he did with “VitaminWater?”)