Singer, dancer, and actress Julianne Hough has recently announced that she is leaving Dancing with the Stars. Hough was a mainstay of the series, having competed in five seasons, winning two, and serving as a judge for the past three. “I will miss being on the panel for Season 22,” she said about her departure, “but have a lot of exciting stuff coming that I look forward to sharing.”
Looking ahead, it’s already been confirmed that former judge Len Goodman will be returning to take over Julianne Hough’s empty judge’s seat, but we think there are a few other stars who would be perfect for the role. Here are five celebs who could easily replace Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars:
- Derek Hough: If Julianne Hough has any say about her replacement, why couldn’t she recommend her own brother? Derek Hough obviously knows a thing or two about music, given his experience as a dancer, choreographer, singer, and songwriter, not to mention the fact that he has been on Dancing with the Stars even longer than his sister, appearing in 16 seasons to her five, and has won six times.
- Rumer Willis: Winner of season 20 and daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, Rumer Willis recently made her debut on Broadway. While you would think that would keep someone from making regular TV appearances, she might feel that replacing Hough—or doing both—would be better for her career.
- Valentin Chmerkovskiy: Rumer Willis’ dance partner during their winning season, Chmerkovskiy has appeared in every season since the thirteenth. With that kind of experience with the show and what the judges expect, he’d definitely make a good choice to replace Julianne Hough.
- Zoe Saldana: A ballet dancer before she got into acting, Saldana’s addition to the judging table would likely be popular with fans, seeing as how she’s got some serious star power. However, she’s probably a long shot based on timing alone; based on when the next season films and airs, it could interfere with her promotional tour for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which just started filming this month and is set to release in May 2017.
- Hugh Jackman: And why not? With experience on Broadway, a previous, albeit old, desire for him to appear on the show, and more than enough popular YouTube videos of him dancing, Jackman would probably make a fantastic judge that could increase the ratings with his huge star power. Though personally, we’d prefer to see him as a contestant!
Video: Youtube/The Ad Show