Some celebrities are known for being hilarious on the big screen or stage—names like Kevin Hart, Amy Schumer, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, or even Robin Williams may come to mind. But there are a few celebrities you’d never expect who have a rather different of sense of humor. Here are five stars who are actually hilarious pranksters in real life.
- Ashton Kutcher: This list would be incomplete without the host of Punk’d, who started the trend of taking other celebrities by surprise and then catching it all on video. Although Kutcher is now 37, married to Mila Kunis, and father to one-year-old Wyatt Kutcher, the actor is still a prankster at heart. Starring in Two and a Half Men might not have been his funniest run, but he made up for it when he recently teamed up with Motorola to prank people to prove that phone addiction is a very real thing.
- Ellen DeGeneres: Slightly sweeter than her male counterparts, Ellen DeGeneres is so dedicated to pranks that she has a segment in almost every episode of her talk show where she scares her guests right out of their seats, or plays hilarious pranks on them. While some may take them in good spirit, not everyone is as gracious. The most epic prank war she had was with NBC’s Matt Lauer earlier this year, where they went to great lengths to fool each other. DeGeneres even morphed a video of him interviewing the cast of Fifty Shades of Grey in nothing but bondage attire.
- George Clooney: Known as Hollywood’s king of pranks, George Clooney has been in the business for quite a few years now. The actor has gone through various troubles for his elaborate pranks, such as cleaning out close pal Richard Kind’s cat’s litter box for several weeks just to make him believe that his cat was constipated. He once even managed to get away scot-free after drenching Julia Roberts and Bernie Mac with a bucketful of water. And while one may think marriage might have sobered Clooney down, Roberts laughed and said that it only made him better at it.
- Jimmy Kimmel: This late night talk show host is, hands down, one of the best at messing with people. It doesn’t matter if you’re Jimmy Kimmel’s celebrity friend or just an average Joe; he will find you and he will get you. And being such an epic prankster, he was bound to make a few “enemies”—it was none other than Rihanna who probably gave Kimmel the biggest shock of his life when she woke him up in the middle of the night with an extra loud performance of her song, “Bitch Better Have My Money.”
- Justin Bieber: The pop singer may be only 21, but Justin Bieber has a whole history of pranks behind him. However, most have been practical jokes, such as the ones he played on Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift via Punk’d, where the two were almost brought to tears. But to be fair, Bieber also plays sweet pranks (sort of), like when he randomly called fans and had absurd conversations with them anonymously—his best one yet was on Ellen DeGeneres’ show when he even put on a fantastic British accent to fool an unsuspecting fan!